Sunday, December 09, 2007

Evolve or die! 35


[Back to the Girl in Grey]
I was still in the dark, in Toxic's headquarters. Diana had fallen asleep, but I was still very much awake, unable to get out of my chair. Toxic had searched me far more comprehensively than I'm ever comfortable with, and got all my escape equipment. That meant trouble, and I don't mean perhaps. My feet were cold too. I hoped Scruff and Emily had been able to stop Toxic.
"Hi, Grey!"
I saw her enter, and I sighed.
"Laura! I thought you gave it up!"
"No, I went back to Cheltenham. Being the Black Kitten is just way too cool to give up."
Still, I was glad to see the girl's green eyepieces. She was on my side, and I sort of like that.
"You've come to rescue me?"
"Well, of course! But Scruff insisted we stop Toxic first, so you missed all the fun."
"Where IS Scruff?"
"At home with Emily. Toxic bust one of her ribs..."
"So you're driving my car?"
"Yeah, that too."
Typical Scruff. Let a delinquent teenager in a skin-tight black outfit drive my car. Honestly, Kid sisters! AND she had all the fun beating Toxic. Life just wasn't fair, and I don't mean perhaps.
"Where is Toxic?"
"Probably in a padded cell. She was a materialist and a naturalist, and Emily just... had a rather interesting effect on her," Laura explained while untying me.
"Meaning that Toxic just went completely bananas?"
"Yeah. Totally bananas."
"Great," I said with a satisfied smile.
Diana stirred awake. I smiled down at her.
"Hey! Diana! We're being rescued. Toxic's been beaten by my kid sister and her friends."
"Your Kid sister's got some pretty handy friends. I... wow!" Diana stared at Laura.
"Black Kitten. Okay, let's get out of here."
And we did.

No comments: