Friday, January 11, 2008

Evolve or die! Epilogue


[Back to Scruff, 'Cos I want to]
I was sitting on the sofa in sweater and trousers while Emily made some supper (she's such a good cook. Okay, so she does Indian food all the time, but hey, she learned to cook in India, so go figure). I really hate having a broken rib. It hurts. But Toxic was insane, so that sort of made up for it.
Sis and Laura came in through the window and pulled down their cowls. Laura looks so cool in her costume, but I keep saying that. Okay, it's true, but still...
"Scruff!" Sis exclaimed. "Laura said Toxic hurt you!"
"Yeah," I confessed. "But we stopped her!"
"Curry for four!" Emily called from the kitchen. Sis sighed.
"Emily! I've got a date with the Green Man in fifteen minutes! He's coming here to pick me up. We were going to have dinner at the Savoy!"
"I'm very hungry," Laura said brightly. "And I love Emily's curry."
"Okay. You three amuse yourselves. Laura, if you want to spend the night, there's a spare room." She laughed. "It's funny, in the end Toxic's own worldview defeated her. Because she couldn't accept the supernatural..."
"I sent her insane!" Emily entered the room. "What can I say? I'm just dangerous." she leaned against the door frame, red eyes very bright. "It was fun, though. Can Laura join our group? She just finished school, she's got lots of money..."
"I'll think about it," Sis replied.
"Please," I added. I like Laura, and maybe she could get me my own motorbike. Okay, so I'd probably crash it, but still, it would look cool.
"I'll think it over. But not tonight. I've got a date!" she hurried into her room. Laura giggled as he took off her belt and sat down on the arm-rest near my head.
"Your sister's funny. Want to try to get those two to marry?"
I smiled.
"Yeah and yeah."
"Me too!" Emily joined us. Yes, we were conspiring.
What about Toxic knowing Sis's secret identity? Well, since Toxic thinks she's Charles Darwin, no-one's going to believe a word she says!

No comments: