Friday, October 05, 2007

Evolve or die! 27



[Still Scruff. Sis could tell you all about being tied up in Toxic's base, but it's really boring, trust me.]
We spent the rest of the day in Laura's pool, figuring there was nothing much we could do till it was dark anyhow, and we might as well relax (Sis was mad at me for doing that, but she's my big sister, so she's meant to do that. And it was great fun too. Hey, we don't have a pool at home, so Emily and me wanted to use Laura's while we could). After a light supper we got into our costumes. Laura's outfit is SO cool, and I don't mean maybe. It's black and sinister-looking. I wish I'd thought of it, but no, I get stuck with my Robin outfit. Hey, not that I mind that, but... well, just seeing Laura's outfit made me feel a whole lot less cool. I guess... well, being with Laura's kind of like standing next to Batman. Whatever you're wearing makes you feel less cool. Unless you're Dr. Fate, I guess, he has a REALLY cool outfit. Emily says I'm getting off-topic, so I'll get back on it.
Laura's costume was cool. There's just not a lot more I can say about it. World's coolest outfit after Dr. Fate.

Usually the Black Kitten uses a really cool black motorbike, but we couldn't fit hers in the boot, so she rode up front with me in the Grey Car (cool car, not so cool name, but hey, it's not my car). Last time she rode in it, she was in a state, but now she bounced up and down on the comfortable leather seat.
"Hey, comfy seats!"
"Sis uses the car for stake-outs," I explained. "That means we need comfy seats."
"Electric back-massagers?"
"Don't push your luck."
"Can't have everything," Laura agreed. Hearing her cheery voice coming from behind that blank mask was kind of odd. Kind of like Emily's kind of creepy. Only not so creepy, if you know what I mean. I mean, Emily's kinda creepiness personified, being black and smoky with glowing red eyes. She kind of scared me last time I walked in on her in the shower. But that's another story...
I started the car.
"Black Kitten grapple. Check," Laura said. Emily giggled.
"You two have been watching daytime TV again," I warned.
"Who cares! We're off!"
And we were. Laura used a device in her belt to open the gates of the house for us, and the Grey Car sped off, into the night. Emily loaded her crossbow. We were out hunting! And our prey was called Toxic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only I suspect that the Robin outfit 'ld look more or lessin place next to Batman.