Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Evolve or die! 28















[Still Scruff. Like I said, you'd get bored reading about Sis and Diana]

I drove the Grey Car fast through London. Yeah, I don't have a licence yet (I'm still not old enough), but I am THE safest driver on the planet, and I'm not kidding. I've never had an accident yet. And I do have a motorbike licence. The Black Kitten sat beside me, the lights of the car's dashboard reflecting off her green eyepieces. Did I say that her suit's way cool? Because it is. Not just ordinary cool either.
Did I care about my Robin costume? Not much. It's cool too. VERY cool. The sort of costume that impresses bad guys. And right now we were on our way to deal with Toxic. Me, Laura Moriarty, Alias the Black Kitten, and Emily Fairbairn, alias The Outsider. Together we were the three most dangerous teenagers on the planet (how cool is that?). We were going to stop Toxic from killing thousands of people by putting the second part of a two part poison in London's water supply. We were also going to hurt some crooks, but that's really Laura and Emily's department, not mine. I guess it's why they're still friends after Emily shot Laura's Dad and killed him.

The Canning Town water treatment works is pretty huge, and brand new. It does water treatment for half of London, if Toxic poisoned its supply, we'd be in big trouble, and I don't mean perhaps.
Of course, we couldn't get in through the front gate. First of all, like I said, Sis is kind of like the Green Hornet. The cops all think she's a crook, so I couldn't drive her car up to the front gate. Second, the Black Kitten's got an even worse reputation, and third, that just ISN'T cool at all. There's no fun if you don't get to beat up bad guys!
So I drove round the back and parked in a quiet lane where no-one could see us. I got out, and Laura and Emily followed me. Me! I was in charge!

We pretty quickly found a tree that overhung the chain-link fence, climbed up it, and dropped over into the water treatment works. I have to say, I was really glad terrorists like to drive car-bombs into stuff, not sneak in, otherwise my plan wouldn't have worked. But it did! Laura's cool costume has night vision lenses, so she was okay. I had my own night vision goggles, and of course Emily can see in the dark. Actually that was our only problem - her eyes glow, and while it's cool and scary, it's also kind of easy to spot.
We moved silently over the grass. Then I heard a voice behind us.
"Stop where you are and turn around!"
We'd been rumbled!

No comments: