Monday, October 01, 2007

Evolve or die! 26


[Still Scruff]
Laura Moriarty, Alias the Black Kitten (Sis thinks she gave that up, she didn't, but she was just fighting crime in Cheltenhasm instead of London) lives in a big house in Clapham. It's all hers now, complete with a high-tech garage for her sleek black Kittencycle. I am SO jealous of her sometimes. I mean, I have to ride in Sis's car all the time. Most of the time I don't really mind, but sometimes it just sucks.
I parked the grey car (we need a cooler name for it, but hey, it's Sis's car) outside Laura's place, and I jumped out and ran to the door. I rang the bell and waited on the doorstep. It looked like Laura was in, but appearances can be deceptive. Hey, I know that, I'm great at fooling people that way.
Suddenly the door opened.
"Scruff!" Laura grabbed me and hugged me. "Scruff, you're a mess!"
"She always is," Emily pointed out. "It's why we call her Scruff."
"Yeah, I guess so. But... hey! That's the Girl in Grey's car! Where is she?"
"We wish we knew," Emily answered. "Right now I think some crook has her. Someone called Toxic who wants to kill every drug addict in London with a two-part poison. Part one is in the drugs this crook's selling, and Toxic's going to put part two in the water supply."
"We know where too," I added proudly. "The Canning Town water treatment works."
"So you need the Black Kitten to help you guys spring the Girl in Grey, beat the crook, and save London?"
"Sort of," Emily answered.
"Oookay. Come on in," she ushered us inside, and the three of us sat down in Laura's huge and rather cool sitting-room.
"So, what do you mean, Black-and-smoky?" she asked.
"She means Sis wouldn't want to be rescued first," I replied. "We beat the bad guy, THEN we spring Sis."
"Works for me," Laura said at once. "You mean you're thinking tactically?"
"I guess."
"Sure you are! You're letting the bad guy think he's won... it is a guy?"
"We don't know. Mysterious type."
"Oh, yeah. I met one of them in Cheltenham. Magic guy trying to throw a horse race. I mean, please! the guy had cool magic powers and he was going to use 'em to nobble horses! But he was a guy."
"Toxic doesn't have magic powers," Emily said.
"Okay. Hey, but I met this really cool magic girl who helped me beat Dr. Alchemy. Yeah, he called himself Dr. Alchemy. I mean, corny name or what, huh?"
"Corny," I agreed. "You'll help?"
"Will I? The Black Kitten is BACK!"

We were going to ROCK!

No comments: