Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Horror in Hampstead - 2.


Child-molester Guy Winstead stared in abject terror at the weird black smoky form of the Outsider
"I..." he stammered. This wasn't the girl he'd contacted! "Where's Stephanie?"
"Silly!" the Outsider giggled. "You sent me a picture of you the way you looked years ago. I returned the favour,"
"No! You... You... You look..."
"That was me three years ago, Winstead, before I was transformed into The Outsider. Now this is me!"
Winstead looked down at the photograph of the happy, laughing, pretty redhead, then up at the Outsider's terrifying form. She was small, but she was inhuman, terrible, a dark avenger. EVen her tone was dark and dangerous.
"You abuse little girls, Guy Winstead. You're responsible for two suicides, one of a girl aged thirteen, one of a girl aged sixteen who'd lived with what you did to her for two years before it became too much for her."
"I..."
"Hannah Fairbairn was my cousin, Winstead. You destroyed her. And now I'm going to destroy you. Oh, I ought to introduce myself. You see, like you I used a false name on the chatroom. My name's Emily Fairbairn."
"But you're dead!"
"Am I? Look at me, Guy Winstead. LOOK AT ME!"
Winstead gibbered with fear. Emily laughed.
"What's the matter, Winstead, afraid of a little girl? I'm only thirteen. I thought you liked little girls like me! Or do you only like them when they're helpless in your control, when you can abuse them, hurt them, destroy them?"
He turned to run, but her crossbow-bolt caught him in the back of his right knee, and he fell to the ground screaming in agony. Terrified, he looked up as the Outsider moved forward over the grass.
"What's the matter? You can't face it like a man?" She tore off his tie and began to fashion it into a noose.
"Hannah hanged herself with her school tie. Now you're going to write a full confession and I'll hang you."
"I won't write..."
"Then I'll just hang you."
Gibbering with fear, Winstead wrote, while Emily formed the noose.
The next morning the police found Winstead's corpse hanging from a tree. They had been tipped off by the voice of a little girl on the telephone.

No comments: