Thursday, April 19, 2007

Revenge of the Adventurer! 16.


"Drop the whip," a man's voice said behind me. I dropped it.
"Now, hands up, girlie!"
Again I obeyed. I have a distinct dislike of men who point guns at me.
The man on the deck got up and unfastened my belt.
"Hands behind your back!" he ordered. I did as he told me, and my whip was used to bind my hands behind my back.
"Who's she?" a third voice, this one in pain, demanded.
"An interfering busybody! Tie something heavy to the whip and throw her in the dock!"
I was about to try something when someone hit me in the back of my knees with something heavy. I gasped in pain and went down. Then I was kicked in the face. I hate it when the bad guys do that. One of these days I'm going to get a tooth knocked out, and then there'll be hell to pay! I fell forward onto the deck with a gasp of pain.
Someone put a very heavy foot in my back and kept it there. I tried to think and break through the pain. On the plus side, my legs were still free.
I kicked out and my right foot connected with something. I heard a bellow of pain and smiled. But the pressure on my back remained.
"Can't you apes fight fair?" I protested.
That made someone mad. he grabbed me by the front of my suit and pulled me roughly to my feet again. My cowl was pulled down, and I gasped with shock.

"Look at her," one of the men laughed. "Cute an' blonde!"
"Touch me, and I'll bite you," I warned. He didn't react well. No, he punched me in the face. Then he let go of me, and I fell back onto the deck, moaning in pain. I hate bad guys. They've got no respect for a girl.
Someone grabbed my legs and took my boots off.
"Careful!" I protested. "Those are expensive!"
"Oh yeah? Well isn't that a shame! You're going to visit the fishes, girlie, and you won't be coming up."
"They'll be better company than you!"
I got kicked for that remark. Then I was held down again while the heavy weight was tied to my whip
Something was wrong, I thought as my captors tied my legs. Why were they so insistent on drowning me, rather than going down to kill Galliard? Was it just because I'd made them mad?
"Hey!" I exclaimed. "If you're going to kill me, who hired you?"
"You talk too much!" was the only reply. I was punched several times, picked up, and carried over to the side of the barge, just as police sirens broke in on the relative tranquility of Docklands.
"Dump 'er and run!" one of the men cried. I caught a glimpse of darkclothes, then I was bundled over the side. I fell through space, and them I hit the water. I gulped in a lungfull of air as water shot up around me. Then the waters of the old dock closed over me and I sank rapidly.

No comments: