Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Double Trouble! 18.

I was sorry to hear Laura wasn't listening. That meant she was going to get hurt, I thought. I don't like the dea of anyone who isn't a crook getting hurt, and the idea of Laura getting hurt by her own Dad was even worse.
I turned on the car's secure radio link to home.
"Scruff?"
"Loud and clear," she replied. "What's up?"
"Laura won't listen. What's she putting on her blog?"
Take a look!"
"Not while driving!"
I pulled over and pulled up 'The Black Kitten Strikes' on the web. There in front of me was a worrying sight.

I 'm going to teach Mr. Moriarty a lesson tonight. He doesn't know where, but I do. I wonder if he likes the theatre? I'm sort of old-fashioned. I think I would have liked the old music hall.

I was annoyed. It was a clue, and I couldn't figure out what she meant by it!
That's incredibly annoying. Especially when you're a detective.
"Emily?"
"Sounds random," she replied.
"I know it does. But it can't be... oh! the little fool!"
"What's up?"
"She's bragging! That's just the easiest way to get caught and probably to get badly hurt as well! She's posted a clue telling everyone where she'll be tonight!"
"Which is?"
"Emily! it's staring you in the face! She's going to be at the old music hall! I bet she thinks she's clever too."
"What do you mean?"
"Once there were dozens of music halls in London. There's now only one that survives. It takes private bookings, and Moriarty, like most mobsters, has a legitimate 'front' as a respectable businessman. He must have hired the hall for tonight, and Laura thinks she can break up his meeting. But he's bound to have the place well guarded!"
"Meaning?"
"Meaning we're going to have to be in the area, Outsider. Scruff, fancy a fight?"
"Go on then. But I'll have to wear my Robin costume."
"You look great in it," Emily taunted her.
"Come back here and say that, black-and-smoky!"
But really it was very, very serious.

No comments: