Thursday, March 08, 2007

Double Trouble! 20.


"You're surrounded, Black Kitten!" Moriarty crowed in triumph. Laura stood there, in the middle of the auditorium, looking about herself as if searching for a way out. I wished I could help, but I knew that if I came down from my perch I'd just get roughed up with her. She was in serious trouble, and she knew it.
"Surrender and I'll kill you quickly!" the gang boss added. "If you try to fight I'll kill you very, very slowly. You'll be quite a mess when I've finished wih you!"

Terrible choice, I thought.
"I won't surrender!" she cried back, her defiant voice echoing through the building. I amired her then. Maybe she'd kicked me in the jaw, but she had what it took. She was going to face dozens of enemies and almost certain defeat followed by an agonising death. She had no back-up, no possibility of escape or rescue.
"Get her!" Moriarty cried. The minders and hired muscle all rushed the small feminine figure who stood alone in the middle of the building. It was painful to watch.
She was a brave girl, I'll give her that, but she was massively outnumbered. Laura fought as if her life depended on it - which it did. She moved like a dream, hands and feet dealing out blows, sending less skilled fighters flying. For a while it looked like she might at least be able to get away, but every door was guarded and there were no windows. What was worse, the Three Jade Tigers Moriarty had brought in were better than she was. At last they reached her.
"Black Kitten," the leader hissed, her eyes looking into the Kitten's green eyepieces. "Let us teach you a lesson, little girl!"
The minders backed off, and the Jade Tigers circled the Kitten. They struck viciously, making her look clumsy and inexperienced.
It was painful to watch. She was good, but the Three Jade Tigers are legendary. There was no way one sixteen year-old girl was ever going to beat them. She tried to block their blows, even tried to fight back, but nothing worked. The Tigers were experts. she was still learning.
Not that I could take on the Three Jade Tigers. I think Emily could, but she prefers to use her crossbow.
The gangsters cheered on the Tigers and mocked the girl in black as she staggered back from the Tigers' relentless attack. I hate hired martial arts experts, and if I had my way I'd ban them. Us girl crime-fighters need some advantages, after all!
I saw her fall once, twice. Blackie was socked in the mouth and she staggered back. A blow to the back of the head completed the process, and the Black Kitten fell, unconscious, on the floor of the old music hall. She was beaten!

"Take her away and work her over," Moriarty ordered his thugs.
"You don't want to see her face?" one of the women asked. Moriarty shook his head.
"When I'm ready. Your part's done. The accountant will pay you."
Just like that. I'd seen enough. I hurried back to the roof and watched the huge thugs carry the Black Kitten's senseless form out of the music hall. She was bundled into a car.
I quickly threw a magnetic radio-tracker onto the car, then I hurried back to my car.
I was determined to save Laura from her Dad!

No comments: