Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Revenge of the Spanish Prisoner. 7, Drop of Doom

Having taken my belt, J. Bucky Akenbola hustled me brutally down the street, twice knocking me to the ground. By the time he pushed me inside I had lost my hat and my grey suit was besmeared with the dust of the street.
He opened the battered wooen door of the building and threw me inside. I landed heavily on a hard floor.
“Look what the cat dragged in,” O. Bucky Akenbola, now equipped with a new bionic right arm. I looked defiantly up at him - which led to him kicking me in the ribs.
“Well, Girl in Grey, just the guest we needed to complete the party.”
“You mean this is all some revenge plot?”
“Sure! You locked my brother up...”
“Your brother connec people out of hundreds of thousands of pounds. I just made him feel how his victims do.”
“You little...”
“Language,” I reprimanded him. “There’s a lady present, you know.”
“You’re no lady!"
"Still, I'm touched you did all this for me."
"Not just for you, you witch! There's a weapon out in the badlands, left over from tests Franco did. A weapon that could make us the most powerful villains in the world! And we are going to get our hands on it to-morrow."
"Not if I have anything to do with it," I replied boldly.
"But you won't be able to have anything to do with it," O. Bucky said with an evil grin. "Take her to the chasm!”
I didn’t like the sound of that. But when you’re as small as I am, and your enemy has you in the clutches of a half a dozen huge thugs, there’s not a lot you can do about it. I was dragged from the building and along the main street to the huge chasm that divided ViƱacos in two. I was taken onto the bridge and lifted onto the parapet. Looking down I saw jagged rocks on the side of the chasm, and darkness far below. It didn't look the sort of place I wanted to be jumping into, and I said so. My enemies and captors just laughed.
“Goes down over a hundred feet, into underground caves,” O. Bucky told me. “And you’re going to find out where!”
Then he grabbed my ankles and pulled. I tried desperately to resist, but I toppled forwards, into space. Then I was falling into the abyss...

No comments: