Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Double Trouble! 11.


[Still The Outsider speaking]
"You!" the Black Kitten exclaimed, looking right at me. I decided there was no point disappearing, and I remained visible, black, smoky, and with two very obvious red eyes that glowed in the darkness of the room.
"Me," I confessed. "And you."
"You're the thing that shoots people."
"I'm a girl!" I protested, "not a thing! I'm called The Outsider."
"All right, you're The Outsider. Now, what on earth are you doing here?"
"Snooping. What are you doing here?"
"I'm visiting Pat. You wouldn't understand."
"Try me, I'm a very clever girl. I got in here without triggering the alarms."
"So did I."
"Yes, but no-one left the window unlocked for me. Pat, your friend's here!" I prodded the redheaded girl, who started awake.
"Oh!" Pat sat up and looked at the Black Kitten "It's you!"
"Me," the Black Kitten sat down on her bed. "How did your Dad take my turning up at the party?"
"Not too well. He hustled me out of there in a hurry when that girl in the Batgirl suit joined you. Kitten, that was INSANE! There were men with guns there! You could have been killed!"
"But I wasn't. Pat, you agree that your Dad can't be allowed to carry on making his own personal empire in London, but you won't take any risks!"
"I'm taking one now talking to you. But what you're doing..."

"Is my business!" The Kitten turned away. "I don't have to justify myself to you, Pat. You've got to justify yourself!"
They were friends, I realised, friends who'd come up with a plan to smash the gangs their parents controlled. I smiled. I'd got myself a clue!"
"Why didn't you two go to the Girl in Grey?" I asked. Like I had. I set up on my own as a vigilante, why shouldn't the Black Kitten?
Pat hadn't noticed me before. Now she did, and she screamed at the sight. I'm not too surprised by that, actually, I do look scary.
"Pat!" the Black Kitten cried, "you've torn it!"
I heard the sounds of people running towards the room. The Black kitten bravely stepped to the door and flung it open, to face whatever lay beyond!

No comments: